Herb’s Blog, Herbdate 22941 – 1030
My dear and beloved Fans, Friends, Fiends, Foes, Frogs, Foundlings, Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of All Ages, and Creatures From All Galaxies,
Here’s the haps:
It has become my policy over the years that when I am tagged for an “award” I politely decline because it is little more than a glorified chain letter and I don’t wish to foist that upon my friends and readers. Often, when they come from someone I think is sincere I will cherry-pick some or all of the questions and answer them, though. I haven’t been tagged like that for a while now but I did find an old post that I thought was interesting and have redone it here for you. Seven questions with seven answers. Forty-nine more things to know about Herb, as if the 100 in the about me section wasn’t enough. And since I read so many blogs I would be tickled to see if anyone else among you might be willing to do this but it won’t get you an award. Let me know in the comments if you do it and leave a link.
Things That Scare Me
Things (Not People) I like Most
Things I Might Like To Do Before I Die
Things I Can Do
Things I Can’t Do
Books I Love
Things I Say Most
Seven Things That Scare Me:
1) A bug crawling on me that I didn’t expect to be there. (Now I think this is more of a startle than a fear. I don’t like having something land on me that I didn’t see coming. It momentarily freaks me out.)
2) Bill collectors
3) Pretentious rich people (well, okay, their pretensions annoy me more than actually scare me. Maybe I should have picked Seven Things I Find Revolting instead.)
4) Funerals (This is dependent on way too many factors to list here.)
5) Grapefruit without sugar
6) The government, no matter who’s in charge
7) Unattended children
Seven Things (Not People) I Like Most:
1) Wisconsin Cheese
2) Real, fresh from the vat Wisconsin cheese curds
4) Milk straight from the cow
7) Mountain Dew
Seven Things I Might Like To Do Before I Die:
1) Visit the UK and Germany and learn about my ancestors
2) See Shakespeare performed at the Globe in London
3) Make money writing
4) This space intentionally left blank
5) Tour the Coca-Cola headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
6) Ride in a balloon
7) Visit Australia and New Zealand
Seven Things I Can Do:
3) Wear a cowboy hat
4) Talk wit’ a Shawano accent once, hey
5) This space intentionally left blank, too
6) Talk for hours about something I feel strongly about
7) Anything I want to learn and that someone will take the time to teach me
Seven Things I Can’t Do:
2) Drive a semi-truck
3) Y’know, really, there is not too much that I can’t do if someone will just take the time to teach me.
Seven Books I Love:
1) The King James Bible — God
2) Have Spacesuit, Will Travel — Robert Heinlein
3) The Moon is a Harsh Mistress — Robert Heinlein
4) The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (all 6 books in the trilogy) — Douglas Adams
5) Ride the Dark Trail — Louis L’Amour
6) Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury
7) The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha — Miguel de Cervantes
Seven Things I Say Often:
1) If everyone would just listen to me, we’d all be a lot better off.
2) They didn’t ask me, did they?
4) Was that your mom yelling for me?
5) Yes, dear.
6) I love you!
7) Pellkartoffeln and herring.
And remember, a Local Area Network in Australia is a LAN down under.